Let’s Try Portuguese Cuisine in Chicago (Event)
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our tasting Portugal Cuisine in Chicago on April 27th. We met fellow travelers, explorers and those curious to explore the world.
The Experience is a celebration of Portugal’s great tasting cuisine as close as it can get without leaving our city. Only at our Experience can you sit down and taste the best guided by our guides.
We have planned an evening that will engage all of your senses while adding to your travel knowledge. Our goal, as always, is to offer an evening that will be educational for both novice and expert. Fat Rice in Chicago is as close as you can get to an inspiration taste of what will await you in Portugal until other Portuguese restaurants begin to flood our city! We have a feeling they will!
We got to try the following during our get together.
- Linguiça – house made portuguese pork sausage olive – ginger – almond – cilantro
- Bacalhau da vovó – house cured salt cod spread – olive – chilli mint – bread
- Arroz Gordo – Arroz Gordo, literally “Fat Rice,” is the celebratory dish of Macau. Reminiscent of paella, Arroz Gordo is a bountiful, home-style, layered rice dish usually served to family and friends on special occasions.
- balchao fried rice goan prawn pickle – egg – tomato – peas
- Natas puff pastry – custard – love and secrets